Sunday, January 2, 2011

Viva La.....France?

When choosing wine for the holiday season I decided to stick with all wines from France. My palette isn't very good at distinguishing a good Champagne and am yet to taste the nuances of a good bottle. I prefer a rose champagne or any Prosecco or Cava to a brut Champagne any time. The bottle of Perrier Jouet was very good, but didn't inspire me to go out and spend big money on Champagne any time soon.


The red was a '07 Gigondas, which was really solid. Domaine Raspail Ay Gigondas(Gigondas Description)When I started drinking wine (in college), we drank a majority of Rhone Valley Reds for some reason. This wine took me back to the old days, except for the fact that I only had two glasses.I still think that there are better deals out there, but sometimes you can't beat an old standby.

I don't drink a lot of white wines, but I know what I like. I really enjoy a sav. blanc if it's from NZ or a Sancerre from the Loire Valley. The bottle on the left is a '08 Les Pechignolles Pouilly Fume and was really good with surprising minerality.


No comments:

Post a Comment