Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYD > NYE

I think we enjoy NYD more than NYE around here. In fact, we were all in bed before 11 on NYE, which is badass.

We had some close friends in town from LA, so we decided to have a feast. I made homemade Lobster Mac & Cheese with Gruyere and Cheddar. It was ridiculous. So good, in fact, that I forgot to snap photos. I was able to make a double batch and freeze one, so potential pics to come in the future. I hand picked the lobster from claws the night before and do have a pic of some of those.

Because my friend from LA is a rib addict I made 2.5 slabs. I divided them into two styles. The first, was asian influenced and marinated with ginger, jalapeno, mae ploy, sweet chili sauce, siracha and a touch of OJ. The second batch was honey bbq and I marinated them with a rub, fresh sliced apple, orange and a touch of olive oil. They turned out really well for being baked in the oven at 325 for almost 2 hours.


The scallions were a nice touch on the Asian ribs. I added mirin and honey to the sauce which tasted sweet up front but had a nice residual heat .

No comments:

Post a Comment