Friday, October 1, 2010

What I am Known For


My brother likes to say that nothing in my recipe box is good enough to be "known for it." Its hard to say this dish is anything but a home run everytime. First discovering it at a food ghetto in North Berkeley and making it a regular lunch for the rest of college, Korean BBQ chicken has never let me down. Grill it. Carmelize it. Love it.

Marinade:
Soy Sauce - 1/2 cup
Sesame Oil - 1 tsb
Brown sugar - 2 tsb
Rice Wine Vinegar - 1 tsb
Mirin - 1 tsb
Pepper - healthy amount
Green onions - add more when you think you're done
Sesame seeds - yes please
Garlic
Ginger
Siracha - if youre not afraid of spice

Here I served it with a carrot ginger salad and white rice with Furikake. If you don't have this in your pantry, I highly recommend it. Learned about spicing up white rice like this while staying in Kaui.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to do this exact recipe Sunday, stay tuned..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmelizing the sugar takes this to the next level. Finish it off with a high heat. Obviously don't over cook it.

    ReplyDelete