Friday, October 8, 2010

Porgy Orgy


My default settings have been programmed to Asian. When I am going to invest the time into making a delicious dinner, I find myself thinking, "what kind of asian food am I going to make?" This week I cooked with a friend who also has an obsession with all things Asian. We made a steamed porgy (cheap Atlantic white fish) with ginger scallion sauce. This scallion ginger sauce is so good and versatile that this week I found its just as good on steamed porgy as it is on homefries. Here's the recipe.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704107204574473292205193888.html

The best part about this dish was obviously eating it. A steamed fish in a bowl of its own fish broth is best served whole and shared by the table instead of cutting it up and passing it around. It brings a whole new dimension to sharing a meal with someone. Here we served with some bok choy and snap peas cooked in a little hoison. Thanks Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment